Monday, August 10, 2015

Get Outside and Play!

What is this thing?! 

Obviously it's a bug of some sort... it's a June Bug, also known as a May Beetle.  You scientific readers may know it as a North American scarab beetle of the genus Phyllophaga, but I just learned this recently.  I read that they are brown, but they are anything but brown!  They're green and have bright colors that you can see when the sunlight hits their shell. 



I found myself overwhelmed by a humming swarm of them as they ran into me, my home and everything in between.  I even saw one at eye level just fall to it's death...?!  It appeared to have run into a transparent wall.  Not knowing what type of plague this was or if there was something in the air, I found that the larvae feed on the roots of grass underground until they hatch in late spring and early summer when they burst out of the ground and learn to fly.

From a spiritual standpoint, they represent navigating the subconscious or unconscious and are seen as highly intuitive creatures.

Have you woken up to find that you can fly? Or woken up to find that you have to fly?  Or woken up to find that you don't know what happened exactly but are determined to fly?  I don't know where they went, but I think every last one of the hundreds, maybe thousands, of June Bugs eventually learned to fly...


See more of Amanda's Paintings at GreinerStudio.com.










No comments:

Post a Comment